I discovered a new magazine recently. I was drawn in by the cover (see photo to the left). True, the word GOOD screams out at you. This may have been the first thing I saw. Additionally, the cover is made from a matte-artsy-mod-hipster material and I wanted to pick it up. Once I did, the articles and ads were equally fascinating.
Even better, I found my first-day-back-at-school-super-cool-lesson idea within the non-glossy-hip-and-cool pages.
Today we began our own 100 Good Things list using this interactive list as our mentor text.
Some examples from the list that caught our eye:
- Gaming is the new teaching tool.
- Glitterbombing is the new yarnbombing.
- Supper Club is the new restaurant
- Touch is the new click
- Twitter Spoiler is the new TV Recap
- Doing is the new Talking
- AIRBNB is the new Craigslist
- Pie is the new cupcake
Here are the rough ideas from our list:
- Modern Warfare is the new Halo
- Green Lantern is the new Superman
- Dubstep is the new Techno
- iPad is the new iPod
- Teased hair is the new Bump-it
- Google Earth is the new Google Maps
- “Smile Bracelets” are the new “Silly Bands”
- Facebook is the new MySpace
- Google+ is the new Facebook
- Texting is the new calling
- Sears is the new Kmart
- Fresh is the new cool
- Astin Kucker is the new Charlie Sheen
- Takis are the new Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
- Blu-Ray is the new DVD
Just a little window into the souls of our next generation. Some hopeful, some scary, yes?